Jobs at Companies Located at Campus
Front End Developer Intern Role
We’re a new and innovative dating site for single professionals. With recent press coverage in TIME.com and Mashable.com, we’ve had a great response from the industry.
We’re looking for a talented, ambitious and a switched on front-end web developer intern for 5 days per week for 1-3 months to start asap in April/May 2013. We’re willing to pay reasonable daily travel expenses (within London).
How the internship will benefit you:
• Learn about the development process of a bespoke social network from inception to launch on both web and mobile
• Learn about the design of front-end engineering solutions
• Improve your skills at hand coding of web-based applications, web pages, emails, and web-based mobile experiences
• Understand how to optimize the performance of front end applications and ensure cross-browser compatibility across supported platforms including mobile
If you tick most or all of the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you.
• University degree (Computer Science) and fluent in English.
• Good experience with frontend frameworks like Twitter Boostrap or Helium
• Knowledge of website design best practices (sample of work will be required)
• Experience in hand coding of XHTML, JS, CSS, CSS3
• Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions.
• Experience of web standards and CSS-driven layouts
• Experience integrating HTML-based content with other 3rd party environments (i.e. Content Management Systems)
• Experience with source control (GIT)
• Solid understanding of on-page SEO and Accessibility