competitive + equity
You are fluent in web languages and excited about web technologies. You read technical blogs and code in your spare time (for fun), and want to take all of your knowledge of interactive web applications and real-time reporting to build a platform for hundreds of thousands of users.
You have a excellent grasp of mobile technologies, the options available and the swiftest and most effective ways to bring your platform to market.
You have a deep understanding of MVC frameworks and of social media APIs—including OAuth integration. Similarly, server stacks and how load is best managed through efficiencies.
• Chairman - history of growing start-ups, from inception to float (with one a FTSE 250 company).
• Founder - solid background in online fundraising and digital marketing strategy.
• UX Director - wealth of experience in building delightful web software in a competitive market.
You will work with us to pull all of this into a robust, engaging, technologically-advanced web application, delivered through multiple media channels, and scale it to hundreds of thousands of users.
You will lead the development of web clients that will render this data as interactive HTML5 pages—in the server-side language of your choice. We are considering PHP, but we have also looked at Ruby and Node.js.
You should have experience of distributed Cloud-hosting networks, such as AWS.
• intimate knowledge of at least one web application language;
• thorough understanding of the limitations and opportunities inherent in the delivery of the various degrees of mobile applications;
• excellent understanding of relational database structures, and the MySQL language;
• understanding of web development scaling–including hosting options;
• awareness of legal constraints, especially Data Protection laws;
• drive, enthusiasm and commitment to your projects;
• ability to work as part of a small team.