Where: Gloople - Making Shopping Social
Contact: Michael Holland
020 3384 6315
£50 – 60k Depending on experience + benefits
Gloople, an e-commerce platform is looking for a lead developer to work on an important project to help push our all-in-one social shopping solution to the next level and enhance our already extensive feature list. You will be working in our lovely offices near the silicon roundabout in Shoreditch.
The role will initially involve taking charge of an exciting development project to help deploy our e-commerce product to the end user via a SaaS model. You’ll be working on the full lifecycle of the project from planning to production, including hosting architecture. Following on from this, you’ll be leading the development of Gloople and making strategic decisions to help the product flourish into a global business.
1 - ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop the new management console for our e-commerce product.
• Create the platform for setting up the infrastructure, and provisioning new sites for the end user.
• Advise and help plan the hosting architecture of the project.
• Take charge and manage other members of the team.
• Innovate and push our e-commerce product to the forefront of the market.
2 - KEY TECHNICAL SKILLS
Gloople would invite candidates with 4+ years or more experience in the industry, and knowledge of these key skills:
• PHP 5.3.x
• Experience and good knowledge of OOP
• MySql and database design
• Knowledge of frameworks (Zend, Symfony 1/2)
• Agile project management understanding and implementation
• Source control – GIT
• RESTFul API Development and Integration
• Apache, Varnish, Memcached and MySql hosting setup
• Use of Symfony2 and Doctrine 2.1
• A solid understanding of hosting architecture and scaling web apps
3 - LOCATION
Gloople, 151-153 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3QL
(P.S. NO RECRUITERS!)