Creating engaging tools & content for more investigative approaches to language learning.
[ The goal ]
* To create a well focused, but unique technological offering to augment the learning experience, and to complement the services already at the learner's disposal.
[ What will this actually be? ]
* A collaborative online environment rich with professional and user generated content in many languages, used for the purposes of language learning.
* Web & Mobile applications, based on real language contexts, leveraging clever algorithms to deliver highly engaging learning activities.
[ Immediate objectives ]
* Create some prototype mobile applications to demonstrate the vision to potential investors. And to generate funding itself through paid-for iOS/Android/... applications.
* Construct the backend datastore/ algorithms/ and API.
[ Technologies ]
The goal is to have a single code base for the mobile applications - "each platform as separate project" is not a great workflow, but may suffice for quick prototypes.
For the backend - MongoDB for the datastore and Node.js for cloud and web services.
[ Current state of the project ]
* Development of prototypes as a means for generating interest and hopefully some finance!
* Applying for startup incubators.
[ Unpaid but equity to be shared ]
A co-founder agreeing to take on the risk and join the development team will be rewarded with a significant stake in the business.
[ What are we looking for in a co-founder ]
* Technical expertise - ideally a recent graduate of Computer Science
* ability to take on diverse tasks
* Keen entrepreneurial spirit
* Availability to work unpaid in the initial phase