Where: Research Research Ltd.
Contact: Steve Potter
• Definition of high-level architecture as well as selection of design patterns, and choice of languages and libraries/frameworks
• Work with Technical Director to grow the team and build on the collaborative environment that exists between the technical team and other business departments
• Mentoring developers and ensuring that the development team stays on track
• Performance and scalability of all systems and applications
Skills & Requirements
• 7+ years of experience designing and developing web applications using various technologies such as Spring and Hibernate
• 2+ years of experience in mentoring other developers and ensuring the quality of their work
• Great understanding of web application development concepts including architecture, design, building, testing and deployment
• Expertise in machine learning algorithms and Content Management Systems like Magnolia CMS would be an advantage
• Proven communications skills
Research Research Ltd is a successful publishing and data business with a strong technology focus. We provide information about the research-funding environment to organisations (mostly universities) to help them better achieve their goals. We are based in Shoreditch.
Despite having been in business for nearly 20 years we have a friendly, informal, startup-style environment with a flat management structure. We are growing our development capacity significantly and have several big projects on the horizon involving new technologies around big data and machine learning. This role will see you involved in the full life-cycle of these projects and in helping to grow the technical capability within the company.