Contact: Alastair Rogers
*NO RECRUITMENT AGENCY/SERVICES CALLS*
> Role Description
Providing support to the development team working on internal and external projects and developing new ideas and services which can be used to better the services offered to clients.
In addition to the main role the candidate may be asked to assist in system administrative tasks and general company operations.
> Key Responsibilities
* Developing and maintaining R3COGNITION products utilizing C++, Java, PHP, Perl and HTML. Plus any languages the candidate feels could improve the products.
* Work with the existing MySQL databases and assist in migrating to a larger SQL solution.
* Documentation and support material for development team and clients.
* Testing and Quality Assurance of own and other team members software.
* Provide assistance to clients and the accounts team on support enquiries.
> Key Duties
* Ongoing maintenance of R3COGNITION products, management services and corporate website.
* Feature design, concept and development based on internal/external specifications.
* Contribute to weekly development meetings.
> Knowledge & skills required
* At Least 2 years experience working in a Programming, Computer Science related role _or_ A Bachelor's degree in Programming, Computer Science or equivalent.
* Fluent spoken and written English.
* Be able to work proactively.
* Good organisational skills.
* Articulate and numerate.
* Able to record information accurately.
* Honest and trustworthy.
* Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
* Must be able to work in a group or individually to meet specific timescales/deadlines.
* Able to prioritise tasks effectively and meet set deadlines.
> Beneficial Knowledge and Skills
* An interest or knowledge of financial markets and/or trading.
* Experienced in performing SysAdmin tasks in a Linux environment, including scripting, automation, configuring new installs and patching existing systems.
Applications Close: 30th June 2014.