Where: Stick Sports
Contact: Richard Lord
Stick Sports are seeking a Games Programmer to join our London office (Shoreditch) to work on our mobile and online projects, building new games and new features, and maintaining existing games, working with Flash and Air and with new game engines like Unity3d.
Stick Sports Ltd is a fast growing indie studio specialising in casual sports games for web and mobile. We’ve already enjoyed top 10 successes with Stick Tennis and Stick Cricket by combining simple, fast gameplay with fun and quirky graphics. We were shortlisted at the TIGA awards for Visual and Game Design, and our games have enjoyed over a billion game plays from over 100 million users worldwide. We are now looking to expand our portfolio of games with new sports and new game models in social, mobile and web.
Your role will span multiple projects and responsibilities, and will involve working directly alongside our very experienced CTO. You will understand good programming practices and will be able to propose solutions to problems yourself without direction from others.
You will need
- Experience developing games, either commercially or in your own projects
- Experience programming Actionscript 3 for mobile or web
- Experience with one or more programming languages other than Actionscript
- Understanding of the Maths behind physics modelling in games
- Understanding of state-machine based AI implementations in games
- A relevant degree or equivalent professional experience
Game development tools are evolving rapidly so a desire to learn new skills and tools and the ability to self-teach is essential.
Salary is negotiable